The purpose of The School Charging Program is to provide Electric Vehicle charging stations to schools at no cost to the institutions in an effort to help promote the use of alternative fueled vehicles and educate students, faculty and the greater community at large about the benefits of Electric Vehicles and Plug-In Electric Hybrids.
The Big Idea
The same way many of us look back and wonder how we ever lived without mobile phones and the internet, the next generation needs to be able to look back in 20 years and wonder how we ever survived with all of the ills associated with a fossil fuel based economy.
The idea behind the School Charging Program is pretty simple – we help schools raise the money for installing their EV / PHEV charging network. We find the right local contractor, we oversee the installation to make sure it’s done right, the final step is helping to educate the students, teachers and any parents in a hands on tangible manner how it all works.
While an individual station might cost a lot of money if we break it down among all the students and all the alumni and the rest of the population who’s just looking for some way to make a little difference that cost per person comes way down. If we could put one charging station in each school we would be that much closer to accomplishing our goal of finding a way to get off of our addiction to oil and other fossil fuels.
- Provide functioning charging station for the use of teachers, students, parents, visitors
- Potential revenue streams for the school if they should so choose to activate the pay-per-charge
- Symbolic commitment to a greener / cleaner energy future
- Educational component for all
- Helping to promote the use of zero / low emission vehicles
How It Works
- Want to get your school signed up? It’s really easy. Make your way over to our Contact Page, send us a quick email letting us know that you’re interested and how we can get in touch with you.
- We’ll give you a call back, walk you through any details and questions you may have.
- Depending upon where you’re school is we’ll either come out ourselves or send one of our installation partners out to take a look at the property.
- If you need to present to a board of trustees or some other governing body we’ll provide materials.
- Once everyone approves of the plan we sign a non-binding contract and a work order, get you up on our website and start the process of fund raising.